Red Sky targets Yarrow gas

Red Sky gained possession of Yarrow earlier this year when it purchased a group of licences in the Cooper Basin from Beach Energy known as the Innamincka Dome Project. Along with the nearby Flax oil field, Red Sky has canvassed plans to restart production at the Yarrow project, which has a 2C contingent resource of …
To access this post, you must purchase a subscription. If you have an existing subscription, please login here.

Red Sky plans Flax restart

Red Sky acquired 100 per cent ownership of the six licences in the South Australian basin from Beach Energy earlier this year, with the area collectively known as the Innamincka Dome Project. The licences contained the Flax oil field from which more than 180,000 bbl of oil had been produced from six wells under a …
To access this post, you must purchase a subscription. If you have an existing subscription, please login here.

Santos using solar for processing plant

Santos’ Port Bonython processing plant in South Australia is now using a 2.12 MW ground-mounted solar photovoltaic system to generate more than six per cent of the electricity used at the plant. AGL engineered and connected the solar to the plant, which processes natural gas liquids and crude oil piped from Santos’ Moomba plant for …
To access this post, you must purchase a subscription. If you have an existing subscription, please login here.

AGL signs Cooper supply deals

Under the terms of the deal, AGL will take a share of the 2019 calendar year production from the Sole Gas Project, which is now complete, as well as up to 4 PJ from the development from 1 January 2020 to 30 April 2020. Additionally, AGL will take 100 per cent of Cooper’s share of …
To access this post, you must purchase a subscription. If you have an existing subscription, please login here.

AGIG awards hydrogen contract

Valmec will provide engineering, procurement and construction services for the project, located in Tonsely, South Australia, in a deal worth approximately $4.5 million. Valmec Managing Director Steve Dropulich said the company was excited to work on a project that will help facilitate the growth of hydrogen in Australia’s energy mix. “We look forward to continuing …
To access this post, you must purchase a subscription. If you have an existing subscription, please login here.

Commissioning complete at biogas project

Project developer 1414 Degrees has constructed the GAS-TESS, a commercial pilot of a molten silicon energy storage system that will be used to store energy generated from biogas created during water treatment, at SA Water’s Glenelg Wastewater Treatment Plant. 1414 Degrees has reported the full suite of ten biogas burners are now commissioned and performing …
To access this post, you must purchase a subscription. If you have an existing subscription, please login here.

Leigh Creek moves towards commercialisation

Located at a former coal field site, the company’s Leigh Creek Energy Project (LCEP) produces syngas comprising carbon monoxide, methane, nitrogen and hydrogen. In March, LCK received a petroleum resources management system certificate of 1,153 PJ of 2P syngas reserves at its project, which the company said was the largest gas reserve for commercial use …
To access this post, you must purchase a subscription. If you have an existing subscription, please login here.

NOPSEMA extends Equinor timeframe

Norwegian company Equinor submitted its environment plan to the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environment Management Authority (NOPSEMA) last month, with the company proposing to drill for oil in its 100 per cent owned exploration permit EPP 39 off the coast of South Australia. Equinor is aiming to drill the Stromlo-1 exploration well in late …
To access this post, you must purchase a subscription. If you have an existing subscription, please login here.

Red Sky closes Innamincka deal

In March, the company received ministerial consent to acquire five 100 per cent owned and one 75 per cent owned petroleum tenements in South Australia’s Cooper Basin from Beach Energy, which included all existing production infrastructure, storage tanks, yards and camp facilities. Now, Bengal Energy has transferred Red Sky the remaining 25 per cent of …
To access this post, you must purchase a subscription. If you have an existing subscription, please login here.

GAS-TESS attracting commercial interest

The energy storage system, known as GAS-TESS and developed by 1414 Degrees, is the first commercial pilot of a molten silicon energy storage system at SA Water’s Glenelg Wastewater Treatment Plant. GAS-TESS will use world-leading technology to store energy generated from biogases created during wastewater treatment to increase the plant’s energy self-sufficiency. With the project now progressing …
To access this post, you must purchase a subscription. If you have an existing subscription, please login here.